Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Anyone Else Going Through Sport’s Withdrawal?

Don’t get me wrong, I like baseball, but I love basketball and football a whole lot more.

By the end of this week, all 32 NFL football teams will have opened training camp. A few weeks after that, college football will return. The Deadliest Catch and The First 48 won’t mean as much to me anymore.

One show that I did keep in heavy DVR rotation this summer was Spike TV’s 4th and Long. Did anybody else watch the show? Before getting to the actual football part, the show in itself was somewhat entertaining. Was it me or did Montrell Jones fail to use proper subject verb agreement about 95 percent of time he was on the show.

Other observations:

* Moses Washington complained way too much, probably should have been one of the first people cut.
* Michael Irvin look like still got that Bobby Brown crook on the side of his mouth. I will say though I thought he did a decent job hosting the show.
* The three players who made it to the finals deserved to be there.
* If Hawkins was 3 inches taller,______________(fill in the blank).

And the winner is…Jessie Holley.



JH is probably one of the most underrated wide receivers to come out of UNC-Chapel Hill. Don't make me go back to the years of Marcus Wall and Na Brown. The spin move on the 2nd episode basically set the tone of the show. When that happened, he eliminated all the DB’s from contention in my opinion. He wanted it more and it showed. I don’t think I ever heard him complain. Some of the other athletes should take notes.

Best of luck to all on that was on the show and more importantly, best of luck to JH in Dallas.

1 comment:

  1. I watched every episode of this show. Not only was it a good show but I was pulling for JH too. He is very underrated and no one came close to him except for Hawkins. He deserves to play in the NFL and I think the teams that passed on him initially will regret it later on down the line. I don't really care for the Cowboys but I hope he does great.

    ReplyDelete