Saturday, July 18, 2009

Part III – “Uptown”



It happens all the time. You meet someone for the first time and outside of learning their name, you find out where they’re from.

Well if you ask me, “I’m from New Orleans baby! “Uptown, you heard me!” The Crescent City, home of the French Quarter, the Riverwalk, and Bourbon Street where once the day turns into dark, the family atmosphere turns into a freak show…literally. “The City” is also home to the Black and Gold (New Orleans Saints). FYI…”I hate the Carolina Panthers!”

Uptown is a section of New Orleans, Louisiana on the East Bank of the Mississippi River encompassing a number of neighborhoods between the French Quarter and the Jefferson Parish line. http://www.facebook.com/uptownneworleans.

But if you really get to know me, you would find out that I was born and raised on the bayou. Lafourche Parish to be exact where a bayou forks just about all roads, the water on any given day may smell like a clogged toilet, but the fish, crabs, and crawdads have never tasted any better. The country living of North Carolina doesn’t compare because…ummm…well, because it just doesn't!

Drake raps right off the back on the track “Hardly home but always repping…” And if you ask any of my friends, they would probably tell you that no one reps the state of Louisiana more than me.

“It’s ok, it’s ok, it’s ok, it’s ok, it’s ok, it’s ok, you can run and tell my city it’s on!”

“What city”…you ask? For me, New Orleans baby!

REP your City!

2 comments:

  1. K-Town !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm proud to be from Kinston because it made me the man I am today, but I am also proud to NOT BE THERE NOW ! If you know anything about Kinston, I know you feel me !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dats whats im talkin lil big bro! u kno im still here and nobody does it better and there's no place like home. but i also kno what ur talkin bout dude from k town. the louisiana is the best place for seafood! keep doin ya thang bra! love ya
    Aisha

    ReplyDelete