Monday, February 22, 2010

“The “Book” of Evil”

Another one bites the dust. And another. And another…first the cornball that got handcuffed to his bed by his ex girl, then the various teachers across the world, a few in the QC, one recently in this area who was suspended for what her friends wrote on her page, and now an athlete from the Bad News Ducks (Oregon) gets kicked off the team because he updated his facebook status after the arrest of a teammate for suspicion of driving under the influence. In his post, Jamere Holland wrote: "I wish I could block whites as friends and only have blacks LOL, cause apparently I'm misunderstood." This is after he mistakenly concluded that his teammate got kicked off the team and blasted the program calling it unfair and damaging to the team.


First off, I got two words for him...”NOT OWT.”  At what point as young person do you say to yourself somethings are just not worth it.

Secondly, all of this leads me to the first question, is there privacy on facebook? That’s an easy one! The answer is NO. I always say that when you post a personal picture, status, comment, etc, you are inviting everyone into your home/personal life. Trust me, I’ve tried to set all the privacy settings I can, but facebook will change their system every 3 months and your page becomes public all over again.  Why bother right?

More importantly, should people be fired, kicked off athletic teams, not hired/considered for jobs because of facebook? Whatever happened to freedom of speech and expression?

Nothing, because there are spirited ways of expressing yourself. The reality of it is…some people just don’t belong on facebook. Especially them party promoters who be sending all of them party invites! LOL!

If you can change one thing about facebook, what would it be? 

3 comments:

  1. everything being on the WWW
    i wish it could be more private!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is no privacy anywhere on the internet & the sooner all of us realize that, the better off we will all be. The lack of privacy on the net needs to remain in the forefront of your mind at all times. You should think twice about what you post or send.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would scrap it all together ... it's fun and all, but people are disrespectful. If my info says that I am in a relationship or married, please don't post ignorant "flirty" comments on my page. Also, I don't need to know your personal life, although it is funny sometimes.

    If you are in a serious relationship, be very careful of what you post and who you allow to be your friend on facebook. It can cause some madness!

    ReplyDelete