Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March Sadness, Bracketology, and the Winner Is...

I don't even know why I'm doing this to myself.  I'm not sure I'll be watching a lot of basketball but here is what I'm hoping doesn't happen...PUKE WINNING IT ALL, and I'm confident they won't  Therefore I had to fill out a bracket and here is what I have region by region for the bloggers and those of you who care!

East

Sleeper: Marquette, not really a sleeper, but with a 6th seed they may do a lot of damage.


Upset Special: #12 Cornell over #5 Temple.  They can play ball too!

Team to Beat:  Kentucky is the team to beat, too many weapons plus everyone's doing the john wall dance!  More links below.


Midwest


Sleeper:  N. Iowa/  They are 28-4 for a reason.  Tough draw for Kansas if they meet in 2nd rd.


Upset Special:  #13 Houston over #4 Maryland. Vasquez plays for the fans instead of his team. Houston is hot right now after going through the entire C-USA in their conference tournament.


Team to Beat:  Georgetown, Greg Monroe can do it all and the hoyas has what UNC lacked this year...SHOOTERS.

South

Sleeper:  Richmond will be a tough draw for Villanova.  I see them getting to the sweet 16

Upset Special:  I will be smiling when Louisville rips Duke apart in the 2nd rd.  #13 Siena over #4 Purdue

Team to Beat:  Baylor, the PG Carter has mad skills plus they have a shot blocker down low.  In and out game will be tough to stop, that is if Carter plays within himself.  He's short and he wears #45, you got to love that. 

West

Sleeper:  UTEP, little short guard name Culpepper jacks em like Kobe, but he makes them.  If he plays unselfish, they could meet Syracuse in sweet 16.

Upset Special:  #11 Minnesota over #6 Xavier
Team to Beat:  This is probably the weakest bracket with two teams (florida and florida st) who shouldn't have made it with at large bids.  Syracuse is my pick.  The first team to whip UNC back in MSG earlier in the season.  Thanks, thanks a lot.

Final Four:  I have Syracuse and Georgetown playing for the 4th time this year with Syracuse winning and Kentucky versus Baylor (how ironic), who thought they had the inside track of getting John Wall after they hired one of his family members or close associates.  Pay back will not be in order.

Winner:  Kentucky over Syracuse and off go Cousins and J. Wall to the NBA doing that love to hate muscle flex dance.  Some people just don't know when to stop.  Please click on all links and enjoy.

And these are my picks, who do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment