Thursday, March 18, 2010

What is the world coming too?

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -- A Walmart store announcement ordering black people to leave brought chagrin and apologies Wednesday from leaders of the company, which has built a fragile trust among minority communities.


Wal-Mart officials are reviewing security tapes after an announcement was made for "all black people" to leave the southern New Jersey store. Shortly before 7 p.m. Sunday, a male voice came over the public-address system at the Route 42 store in Washington Township and calmly announced: "Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now." Management later apologized.  Click the title to read full article.

OK I know, this has nothing to do with music, sports, or higher education, but it has everything to do with life and the way you treat people.  What is the world coming too?  I'm having a Michael Jackson moment right now...

4 comments:

  1. I am not a big fan of Wal-Mart to begin with, but this incident is clearly appalling and uncalled for. I hope law enforcement finds the person who made the announcement and punishes him to the fullest extent of the law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man this is crazy! funny part is that i had a conversation with some classmates that hate walmart and I had nothing bad to say...until NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgive me, but I would have chuckled 1st before I got upset. There is just some elements or racism that are so ridiculous that you have to laugh 1st before you react.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you, Wally World messed up on this one, but anyone can grab the mic and spit some non-sense. I wanna know how yall feel about people spitting on the Representatives and calling them niggers during the passing of the health care bill.

    ReplyDelete