Thursday, September 2, 2010

"See it Through" - College Football Games of the Week

...And we (UNC Football) will do just that.  College football is back in a big way although many UNC fans including myself would have preferred being in the news for reasons other than academic improprieties or agent funny business.  One of my favorite poems says that "when you're up against a trouble, meet it squarely face to face..." and I applaud Butch Davis and Chancellor Holden Thorpe for doing just that. 
<-------OSII (LOL at the pic)
I'm back for another year of college football picks.  Last year I was a few games over 500..."ugh", I have to do better.  5 games a week...including UNC and a HBCU for kickers.  Join me in a few weeks for a full slate of games!

This Week
No. 21 LSU vs. No. 18 North Carolina
I've been waiting for this game for over a year now.  I'm a bayou (bengal) boy at heart with deep Louisiana ties, but I bleed Carolina blue. Like the purple and gold (ROO!) for a number of reasons, but I'm tarheel bred.  With suspensions looming, I still expect this game to live up to the hype. I'm not sure if I agree with ESPN who indicated that UNC needs its best players to beat LSU...it may be just the other way around.  I'll be there in person to see it for myself...UNC 23-21

3 Boise State vs. 10 Virginia Tech
My vote is for BSU to join the SEC or the Big 12...that way we can guage how good they really are.  Yeah, I said it.  Why should I believe in them when the BCS don't.  If Williams is still the running back from Va Tech and Taylor is the quarterback, hookies has a chance, as long as they both don't fumble the ball...VaTech 31-24

1 comment:

  1. LSU =great colors
    UNC= better team...

    LET'S GOOOOOO !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete