Sunday, August 29, 2010

B.M.F.

"I Think I'm Big..."
My mom has told me a few times in my life because of something I said or did (whether it was good or bad)..."boy you act just like your daddy."  I tend to disagree sometimes but hey, it's mom, what can I say.

Well the heirs to Michael Jordan's throne seems to be a spitting image of their pops and a small part of me says...I can't blame them. 
The Story (ESPN):  Things could get interesting at Central Florida University this year.  MJ's oldest son (Jeff) in transferring there where the younger (Marcus) currently plays and is still causing headaches.  Marcus and Jeff spent the weekend with their dad in Las Vegas, where the elder Jordan was hosting his ultra-expensive fantasy basketball camp. And, as you'd expect, they had fun doing so. From a since-deleted tweet by Marcus Jordan:


"Last night was stupid," Marcus Jordan wrote on his Twitter account. "… 35k at Haze… Totals 50k something the whole day.. Damn!! Going to the pool again today.. Gotta relax!"

"Haze" is Haze Nightclub and Liquid Pool Lounge, which, at least from photos, seems about as swanky and Vegas-y as you'd imagine. According to the site, Haze "a cutting-edge space in where [sic] guests will be challenged to question their sense of perception and reality." Oh, night clubs. Somehow, you always get more ridiculous.


So why is this news? Mostly because Marcus Jordan is not yet 21 years old, which means he probably shouldn't be having his perceptions challenged in a Las Vegas nightclub. Nor should he have been so conspicuous with his Vegas excess. Everyone already knows Michael Jordan loves to tear it up in Sin City, but that's probably not an image he -- or UCF, frankly -- will want his sons associated with.

Final Analysis:  50G's for the day (wow), that's some families combined income for one year, some two years.  In fairness to MJ and his kids, it's none of our business what they do with their money, they've (MJ's)earned the right to spend however they choose.  My issue is making such information public as if this is everyday life for American society.  Even though he later apologized, he never said it didn't happen.  Who knows what backlash UCF is going to get, if any.  In the same manner...who cares?  In MJ's hall of fame speech he looked at his kids and said, I feel bad for you guys, you are going to have a hard life.  Is that before or after they blow his airness' fortune...don't worry, I'll say it myself..."IMPOSSIBLE!"

Shouts out to them with the following music video...

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if I agree with you here. I think the problem is them not seeming humble. But who says they have to be. I think that's the biggest problem with our society, we want people w/ money to seem humble. Fact is, all of them arent' and just b/c they have money and spend it on what we deem as ridiculous~they are free to spend it on whatever they want and how much of it at one time whenever they feel like it. That's all about being American. I understand you saying, he should've been in the nightclub at his age and how UCF will probably be criticized for his actions~but at the end of the day, he's going to keep doing what he wants b/c no one is going to tell him NO, especially in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good point! Thanks for the support.

    -Niz

    ReplyDelete
  3. idk dude...yes you are rich and can spend your money or your daddy's money how you see fit like mr.itoodream said, but as a child who has not earned ANY money, especially money of that caliber...Be humble! Period!
    Making ridiculous purchases of that nature is of course an American thing, this is why Americans are looked at as FOOLS throughout the world!
    I'm not juding, but where are our standards people! Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's all a mess, yea ok granted they don't have to humble urself with all ur daddy's money, the law is the law. He is under 21 and at a club like that, but that's another thing about living in America. Money talk and bullshit walk. So they have the money, so nine times out of ten nothing is gonna happen to him. That's how it is in the USA and that's sad to say, but who are we to judge, we don't kno them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Say dat then"
    - in my Brenda Dillon voice (lol)

    ReplyDelete