Friday, July 29, 2011

FF Part V - “So Much More”

@iTooDream
This record is the last song on the CD (well, the CD that I have) and fittingly, the last of the 5 part series. A cool and collective track, Big Sean spits about his past and how far he has come. He rhymes about vulnerability, specifically detailing a female who he says deserves a ring but also reveals the reality of fame (2nd set of lyrics below) which would make a woman who wants just as much, if not more from a man think twice about settling with him.  I hope the two of them get want they want, whatever that might be.

First thing that comes to mind when you hear the beat or lyrics: Crazy sample, mad as hell I can’t figure out whose it is…

Lyrics: Text from my mom said me and your grandma proud
I'm way too deep in the game to go sit back in the crowd
Teacher told me to get a job, save up for 401(K)
Man, I'd rather be young as shit counting 401k
I'd rather die with a smile instead


Man, I wake up to a wet dream
Every day's a Friday and every night's a sex scene
Every week is Fashion Week and every day I'm pressed clean
Detroit's angel, I even got red wings
Headed to the ball, me and three prom queens
It's prom night, and guess who's the prom king?
They having a kissing fight and I'm Don King
Everybody know I'm coming soon like Lebron's ring (Understatement of the YEAR)

Thoughts: “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.” There is so much more to life…

No comments:

Post a Comment