Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Liar Liar..." - College Football Games of the Week

All-America receiver Dez Bryant played in Oklahoma State's first three games of the season while compliance officials were investigating an apparent meeting with former NFL players Deion Sanders and Omar Stoutmire that he later lied about to the NCAA thus Bryant has been ruled ineligible for violating an NCAA bylaw, the school announced Wednesday.

To read the full article, click here.

The following goes back to the age old question, should college athletes be paid, especially if they actually play a huge role in that particular sports revenue. For example, if Florida didn't have Tim Tebow, would they really sell out every home game? Yes, bad example, but you get the point. Tim Tebow is a star, although overrated in my opinion.

I'm determined to finish the year with over a .500 win loss percentage. I can't afford to give up my day job, that's why I do what I do, besides, I haven't been off by that much...have I? I love the comments though, keep them coming. Feel free to cast your picks in the comments section, especially if you think you can beat me.

Last Week 1-4 (thanks to shaw)
Overall 14-11
This Week

Georgia at Tennessee
UNC's plays Ga Southern therefore I'm substituting them for my other alma mater, besides, I will be at this game. UTK played Auburn close last week, do it again Saturday and they beat UGA. Look for the guy (ME) with the itoodream shirt on... Vols 24-20

No. 1 Florida at No. 4 LSU
Tebow is not the same after that hit. "Gators in the bayou"-->advantage florida, not so fast. LSU is on a roll after perservering on the road last week. Jefferson is maturing as a quarterback...Geaux Tigers LSU 31-27

No. 3 Alabama at No. 20 Mississippi
SEC football is heating up. The tide will not be rolling this week as ole miss has recovered from the team wide swine flu. Snead and company gets rolling. Alabama is good, but it's tough to win on the road in the SEC... ole miss 28-24

No. 22 Georgia Tech at Florida State
FSU has really been inconsistent this year. They smash a really good BYU team, but then looses to Central Florida, a game they clearly should have one. At home, I think they play up to their potential and hand Ga Tech a much needed ACC loss. They have to stop the run and control the clock...FSU 17-7

HBCU Game of the Week
Howard at Hampton
DC vs. VA. The battle for the right to call their school the real "HU" is at stake. The bands are evenly matched. So are the football teams. Ummm...why break this week's tradition, I'm going with the home team...Hampton 16-13

1 comment:

  1. I'm say again and again....TIM TEBOW IS NOT OVERRATED...HE IS THE TRUTH!

    As far as the battle of the HU...Howard is the real HU...no question...but they suck at football...don't be surprise with a Hampton blow-out

    ReplyDelete