Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"My Pants Hang Low..."


...well not anymore.  Maybe like 15 years ago! Morehouse College is implementing a dress code as part of the President's "Five Wells: well read, well spoken, well-traveled, well dressed and well balanced."

The "well dressed" portion of the creed includes things like not wearing do-rags outside of residence halls, no sunglasses in class, no jeans at major programs, no pajamas outside of the dorm, no dental grills, no women's garb and my personal favorite: no sagging.  For the full story, click here.

While I love this idea, I can see the challenges up ahead they will face with getting students to buy into this idea.  What's a rule with no consequences?  Some of these things are common sense!  Who wears sunglasses in class?  At any rate, I'm going to make a point to let every young man (or woman, you know what I'm talking about) who where their pants low to pull them up.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not going to lie...I've worn sunglasses in class before...the shame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh, sadly these rules are needed as many young folk don't know & have not been taught how to be appropriate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wearing sun glasses in the house right now ... LOL... I can't see a damn thang either!

    ReplyDelete