Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Family Affair

Brawl Ignites During High School Basketball Game In CharlotteThe Story (NBC17):  A parent is under arrest after inciting a brawl at a high school basketball game in Charlotte Friday night.  WCNC in Charlotte reports the incident occurred during a game between the Butler Bulldogs and the East Mecklenburg Eagles when a Butler player’s father started arguing with a school resource officer.


The argument began when the resource officer asked the man's daughter to move from the East Meck side of the gym back to the Butler side. The father became angry and got into an argument with the officer. The man’s wife and daughter then got involved and began hitting the officer on the head. The father was arrested and further arrests are possible.  WCNC says it is a common practice for students from different schools to sit separately at high school games.

No one was seriously hurt during the incident.

The Analysis:  Really, no one was seriously hurt?  Didn't look like it to me.  All I really have to say is "It All Starts at Home."  There is no place for such bufoonery (it's a word, i looked it up), especially at your child's basketball game.  I'm not going to go in on this situation because I wouldn't mind living in Charlotte one day soon.  However this incident coupled with the fact that The First 48 is now in Charlotte, I may have to move them a few cities down on my list.

3 comments:

  1. With this being my Alma Mater, I'd like to say that these ignorant people did not attend East Mecklenburg or were affiliated with the school. They were visitors from Butler with no damn sense. They're not even a representation of Butler High School and what they stand for. They're simply a prime example of ignorance. I have no sympathy for any of them and I hope they press charges against more than just the father. I clearly saw the mother and daughter throwing blows.

    If I was the officer, there would have been no punching and wrestling. All them fools would have been tased and that would have been the end of that.

    Niz, don't come to Charlotte then! LOL. Any city in America could film the First 48. It's the world we live in today. But I know my New Years 2010 Crew know what it is ... Cook Out Burgers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ironic bcuz when I first started reading this blog, the news clip popped up on tv!! I thought it was funny! Anywho. I think it's ridiculus and it does start at home. Ppl need to grow some and most parents aren't good role models. Smh. That's sad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ni! Gotta share this one! Sad....

    ReplyDelete