Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Part I. Villematic

I don’t think I’ve ever hear heard another rapper who’s not from one of the five boroughs in New York rep their city (Fayetteville, NC) as much as J. Cole. I’m not complaining either…(also check out “Too Deep for the Intro”)

Punchline: It's the feeling in the air you bout to drop a real classic
He said Cole, "a lil birdy told me on the low you got an Illmatic"
Nobody touching Nas *dude* it's more like Villematic
These fayettnam tales be paying off well
What story is my audio theatre gon tell
I know my debut will ship, but is it gon sell?

Cole raps over a smooth sample and beat with a first line that is relevant to every college student waiting on a refund check that’s going to get them through the next few months. He also presents the realization that with an economy that doesn’t seem to be getting better any time soon, life, like school, will have its challenges.

2 comments:

  1. And plz don't forget that in the song " in the morning" he says he likes em thick!!! Hint hint!!! Kmsl!!! Ok I quit!!! But he is da bomb!!! Hope I get to meet him one day!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know I have that one coming...stay tuned this week.

    ReplyDelete