Sunday, January 16, 2011

Part V. Home for the Holidays

This track is probably one of his most personal records on the mixtape. His lyrics speak to larger issues that deal with bullying and self-confidence. I’m trying to think of some instances where I was affected by such issues in high school.  I've noted a few instances below where I don't know who was actually behind the act, but nevertheless, I wanted to show them some love on my blog.  May they continue to be blessed.

Punchline 1: damn homie, in high school you was the man homie
*freak* happened to you,
used to beat *dudes* down at the buses after school
now you looking like a *muthafreakin* fool

Punchline 2: was just a freshman could used a little Kool-aid
crushing on them upper classmen but it was too late
buddy she was dating yeah he had the freshest shoes
but the *dude* graduated and he never made two a’s

I want to shout out whoever it was that stole my lunch money out of my pants pockets while I was in gym class in my freshman year of high school. And the person who rode the same bus as me that decided to pour water in my book bag and soaked up all my textbooks and notebooks. And whoever it was that stole the Pre-Calc teacher from Canada’s grade book and flushed down the toilet in the boys restroom across the hall from her classroom…punch line 1 is for you!

1 comment:

  1. Dang! When I moved to Houston someone stole my money out my book bag. Here is a shout out to whatever heifer that did it!! Other than that wasn't picked on and I didn't bully ppl. It's a cruel world. Smh

    ReplyDelete