Monday, January 10, 2011

"Cole World"

I went home to visit my family in Louisiana, the exact time evades me, but when I returned to North Carolina, I started passing out cd’s to friends. The artist, as I had learned from my cousins Pye and Butta had aligned (unofficially) himself with the Young Money crew. He goes by the name of Drake. I opened up my blog with a 5 part series on his music.

A few years later I’m back with another artist from a city I also call home and this time, his cd was passed to me. I’m still getting warmed up to “The Warm Up” mixtape but ever since NS handed me his flash drive and presented me with a copy of “Friday Night Lights,” I’m not sure I’ve heard a better young and upcoming mainstream lyricists and I’m willing to argue that while his buzz may not be on the level of Drizzy Drake, his lyrics are just as good, maybe better. I’m back with a 5 part series on J. Cole. Part I from his latest mixtape is on tap. In the meantime, here is a teaser from one of his previous mixtapes.



I couldn't resist...had to give y'all another from his latest...

1 comment:

  1. My brother!!! I listened to that cd this afternoon and I'm loving me some J Cole!! He may b ur nxt bra n law!!! I think he's just as good as Drake and I can't wait for his official cd to drop! He's talking real ish!! I love him!!! I was waiting for him to drop a mixtape or something!!

    ReplyDelete