Thursday, January 13, 2011

Part III. In the Morning

Renegade. Mr. Carter. Miss me. Most notably, the first two rap titles are songs where the featured artist on the song dropped the dopest lyrics and unanimously upstaged the other artist. Eminem hands down gained the respect of Jay-Z on renegade. However the self-proclaimed real President Carter while giving props to Lil Wayne took the opportunity to make it clear that he hasn’t lost his touch in a classic song that I only hear while listening to the Rickey Smiley Morning show out of Dallas and of course Q.93 while visiting New Orleans. The record below has Drake’s name and style written all over it and while J. Cole did his thing, Drake win’s round one of I’m sure, many more to come.

Punchline: I’m joking, I mean that thing is poking
I mean you kinda like that girl that’s in the US Open
I mean I got this hidden agenda that you provoking
I got bath water that you can soak in

What’s better: the morning rendezvous without taking a shower and brushing your teeth or something poking out “more” than the girl in the U.S. Open? LOL!

2 comments:

  1. It definately has the drake feel but the hook could use some work he need better productions or sommething

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the hook does need work but the verses make up for it! I really like this one cuz he gives a shot out to the thick girls , notice I didn't say fat or overweight. I love him!!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete