Thursday, September 10, 2009

"The first sign of a good Education is good Manners‏"



I've said this before in that I try and stay away from anything political. I promise that you will never see me use my blog as a political stream or banner, but every now again, I like to post videos and pictures that has nothing to do with nothing because it's meant to be informative and hopefully we can all learn something from it. I couldn't agree with the title of this blog more.

For more about what happen during the President's speech, click here or blog title.

Here's what political folks are saying...

Republican Sen. John McCain - there was "no place for it in that setting or any other and he should apologize immediately."

"It was crude and disrespectful," said Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, a top Senate Democrat. "I think the person who said it will pay a price."



Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tennessee - "Certainly, I respect the office of the president, and I think that's not the kind of thing that is appropriate in that kind of setting especially," he said. "I don't know who said it, but my sense is most people don't think it was a good idea it occurred. And I happen to be one of those."


Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina - "The president's combative tone did not justify a member of Congress shouting out, 'You lie,' " said Graham. "Our nation's president deserves to be treated with respect. It was an inappropriate remark, and I am glad an apology has been made."


South Carolina Democratic Party Chair Carol Fowler took it further.

"Once again a South Carolina Republican has embarrassed our state," Fowler's office said in a statement that referred to S.C. Gov. Mark Sanford's extramarital affair.

3 comments:

  1. when people are backed in corner they often result to immature acting out behaviors, like throwing a tantrum. sometimes all they can do is call someone names and stomp their feet. The republicans are feeling the heat, the days of making money from other people's suffering are finally coming to an end & it is a very scary thing for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sad thing is, President Obama was saying something that was a concern for the republicans. He said that it WOULDN'T cover illegal immigrants, something the republicans support. You lie? Really? Has it come to that from our elective officials?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tired of racist people attacking Obama and then doing a half ass apology and getting away with it. Obama can't react like we would like him to because 1) He's better than that and classy & 2) They're trying to bait him to do something like that so they can attack him. Be strong Obama. That SC rep will get what's coming to him. I've read that his Dem opponent has already raised $750,000 since the comment. I got 5 on it!!!

    ReplyDelete