Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"Fair Game"




Too bad freedom of expression isn't what it use to be. I probably would have tossed up here a lot more videos that some of my friends (shout out to NS and Roc) recommended to me. Let's just say this, I hope Soulja Boy Tell Em is saving his money and the purpose of riding a train is to...well ride, and not be on top of it. Did somebody say FIRE! If freedom of expression was in fact free, I'm sure many of our social networking sites would either be non existent or out of control.

The following leads me to the whole Mariah and Nick Carey, i mean Cannon versus Eminem squabble. Let me say this first, I don't think it's right for Eminem to have gone after a woman in that manner, maybe even at all. Not cool. But what gives her the right to go after him in her music video and not expect him to retaliate?

If you are not familiar with what's happening, here is a quick synopsis. Nick marries Mariah, Eminem cracks a joke in a record. Nick tweets back. Mariah responds with obsessed video (youtube it). Em responds with a pretty hard dis record called "The Warning" (found on youtube or rapbasement.com). Nick tweets bible versus (click title)! SMH!



You can argue that Eminem in his videos have been making fun of people for years, most notably Brittany Spears. So what's the big deal when someone does it to him? My point exactly, it shouldn't be, unless you are Mariah Carey and you're married to Nick Carey, oops, I mean Cannon...sorry!

Bottom line, Mariah may have been the best he's ever had or the worst. Whatever it is, she has a hold on him like no other. I'm thinking they could have been a nice power couple if they would have lasted. Bigger than Jay and Beyonce? HAHA! Maybe!













2 comments:

  1. Eminem is a hater man. The Obssesed (remix) wit Gucci is hotter than "the warning and bagpipes from baghdad" put togehter. What kinda weak mf saves pictures and voicemail messages from a chick he hit once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kind that hits M. Carey ... lol

    ReplyDelete