Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Show Me the Money"

Click here for video.

Well, not me, but him. I'm referring to Solomon Jackson Jr., a South Carolina native who hit the $250 million jackpot a week or so ago. With a name like that, he probably done been through some stuff. Don't his name alone just sound deserving of $250 million or a one time lump sum payment of $125 million?

When you wake up in the morning a millionaire and the only thing you can think of doing is mowing your neighbor's yard, I'd say you're probably as deserving of that money than anyone else. I like the fact that he kept everyone in suspense for about a week in addition to not telling folks much about himself. But as a advocate of higher education, I do appreciate his honesty of why he bought the ticket, explaining that the least he could do is buy a $2 lottery ticket to support South Carolina education. Jackson was quoted as saying it's a beautiful in South Carolina and it's a beautiful day for higher education.

I challenge him to support both of those endeavors.

I'm looking at this lottery thing all wrong because all I be thinking about is what kind of house I'm going to by my mama, taking all my family and friends on a trip they will never forget, and buying New Orleans Saints season football tickets.

1 comment:

  1. name like 'Solomon Jackson Jr.' = struggle

    And after watching the video...he deserves it...good luck to him

    ReplyDelete