Saturday, August 1, 2009

"I'm on a Boat"

There is no denying that YouTube has taken the idea of freedom of expression to an entire new level. A million YouTube hits can sometimes mean instant success, just ask Soulja Boy Tell Em. Or in Scarlet’s case (see blog titled She should have known better), it also can mean instant shame depending on how you look at it.

Some postings will have us asking why (Stephon Marbury). For those of us who do post videos every now and again, it’s something to remind us of where and how far we’ve come. For others, a harmless post, like a hand stand gone wrong in Wal-Mart, is meant to make someone laugh and or smile.

The following brings me to the following video (to watch click title). We can debate the topic of music all day long. In fact, my friends and I do it all the time how well an artists can lyrical rhyme, sing, dance, and everything else you can think of. From the “tootsie roll” to the “stanky leg.” “You a jerk” to now…”I’m on a boat.” Yes, I said…”I’m on a boat.” Big ups to AY for telling me about this one.

Click the title above for the official music video of “I’m on a boat” by The Lonely Island (yes, that’s their name) featuring the ever so funny, the clown himself, T-Pain. The video below is of T-Pain performing live the hook to the song. Parental Advisory is in full affect.



Also, please see below for the “I’m on a boat” parody called “I’m on a plane.” Parodies and spoofs are popping all over YouTube and I actually enjoy a good number of them.




Feel free to tell me what you think of YouTube as well as the above videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment