Tuesday, August 25, 2009

“The Winner”



This feel good record by Drake got me thinking about a few things. Humbleness, working hard, and the idea that everything can’t be about you or me. Think with me about the following:

Imagine how life would be if more educators, students, athletes, musicians, and everyday people would humble themselves. What if it didn’t matter how many degrees you have or what prestigious university you work for (Prof. Gates).

Yes, a world where we congratulated people often and we looked at defeat as a humbling experience instead of an excuse not to tell someone…”job well done” (Lebron).

Why does it matter that someone doesn’t call you as often as they do someone else. Or that they blocked you from being their friend (Facebook). So what you make a certain amount of money because remember, you are human, and it all can be taken away at the blink of an eye (Mike Vick).

Since when did children become a come up (Kelis) because to me, a lifestyle is nothing more than a perception, because you don’t have to be rich to live a prosperous life (get a job).

I could go on, but I won’t. What if we lived in a world where none of the aforementioned things mattered?

Plain and simple, we would all be Winners in the biggest competition of all…LIFE

4 comments:

  1. yes!you are really calling some people out Nizzy!

    I know i am a winner, just by living for 26 years on Earth! God is good!

    winner...winner...chicken dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, I wouldn’t need anyone to tell me I deserve anything because as long I’m living…I’m WINNING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Ni-Eric Deon Perkins and I'm a Drake-a-holic.

    Hi Ni-Eric

    LOL

    ReplyDelete